Thursday, October 20, 2011

My Next Adventure

So...confession time.  I have gained 30 pounds since Brian and I got married.  And while I am happily married, I am miserable in my own skin.  I have never weighed this much..even CLOSE to this much in my life.  My metabolism hasn't just slowed down...it has SHUT down the flippin' factory completely...or so it seems. 

Brian lovingly calls me his own personal linebacker.  Oh no he didn't!!  I knew he was kidding, but it kinda hurt anyway. 

I drink one cup of coffee in the morning and water the rest of the day..unless you count the glass of wine I have while making dinner...

I take my lunch every day and usually make a salad and eat yogurt.  EVERY day. 

I stopped making the Southern dinners I was brought up to make and cut out the red meat. 

My running was improving as never before until a month ago when I severely...let's say strained until I get the MRI results... my right calf muscle.  It's painful just sittting here, forget running or even walking for exercise. 

So that is definitely not helping.  What the heck, man?  And though I thought I was eating pretty well...one day's entry on the Weight Watchers website told me the real story.  I am still not doing enough. 

My cholesterol is much higher than I would like...part heredity, part my choices.

To top it all off...it's Halloween time and there is candy galore out there tempting me at every turn.  And if it's Halloween, that means that Thanksgiving and Christmas are not far behind.  We do some good cookin' round here for the holidays. 

I know there are women out there who would kill to be this size, but what really matters is how I feel about myself.  I know I will never be a size six again.  That's ok.  I get it...I'm on the back side of my 30s.  I just want to be a size that I am comfortable with again.  Perfect 10, perhaps? 

I am going to do whatever it takes to get this weight off...within reason, of course.  My goal is to look great for the Pat Green concert in December.  Two months to get a good start on looking fine again?  I can do it! 

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand, Heather. I looked at a picture of myself in July and thought: "Woah. That's what I look like?" I had put on 40 pounds since I got married - a combination of bad food decisions, too much wine while cooking dinner and a sedentary lifestyle. I joined Weight Watchers back in July (which I have loved) and started the couch to 5K program and as of today am down 30 pounds. 10 more to go. I feel great and can stand to look at pictures of myself. All of this is by way of saying: "You can do it!" The hardest part is knowing it's time to start.

    ReplyDelete