Monday, May 9, 2011

Guilty Pleasures

I've been a little lazier than usual...for awhile now.  I have been using the birthday treadmill intermittenly, but I have to say that my TV watching has become a little more regular in recent weeks. 

I guess sometimes you just need some total down time.  I'm really struggling a bit.  The very thought of having to fight my way through another three weeks of school is completely exhausting to me.  But I didn't come here to whine about all that.

I was chuckling to myself about what I've been watching on television lately.  You won't catch me watching Grey's Anatomy.  I have no idea who is still shaking a tail feather on Dancing With the Stars

I have a thing for River Monsters. I  especially like River Monsters Unhooked because you get the little blips with the inside story from that particular fishing trip on Unhooked.  The new season has just started...all new fishing excursions looking for scary stuff in rivers all over the world.  I've never been crazy about swimming anywhere but my parents' pool and this show just confirms it for me.  But I love it anyway.

Monday night at 7 pm it's time for Antiques Roadshow, baby.  I love it!  I love to see people's treasures and I love to see their expressions when the appraisers tell them the value of the item.  Tonight I thought they were going to have to get oxygen for some little old ladies in Biloxi, Mississippi when they found out how much their stuff was worth.  Very cool.

Is that too weird? 

I used to love to watch Trick My Truck on CMT.  I don't even know if they make that show anymore, but it was so cute...though the truckers might take exception to being called "cute."  I loved watching this group take a clunker rig for a deserving driver and turn it into something swanky.  I could watch that show all weekend. 

And of course, give me a good Law and Order rerun any time.  Especially the Angie Harmon years. 

And then there are all my favorite DVDs that I fall back on...mainly to fall asleep to.  Britcoms and The Red Green Show.  So there's my tv confession.  When I watch, I crave that familiarity. It usually doesn't matter if I've seen 10 times.  It's more about the company the voices provide than the actual entertainment...well, except for the fish and the antiques. 

No comments:

Post a Comment