Thursday, February 9, 2012

We Meet Again, Jillian Michaels

Running has gone pretty well recently.  I'm not anemic anymore.  Ulcer went bye bye.  And though I have run (and walked some) every day lately, I don't really look any different.  I feel better, but don't really look better. 

Something more has to be done. 

Re-enter Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred to my life.  When Julie and I tried it a year or so ago, it damn near killed me the first few times I did it.  We started running with Luke's about the same time and our trainers sagely advised we not try both at the same time. 

Julie and I worked at Level One and just as Jillian promised, I felt like I wanted to die.  I couldn't make it through the workouts without gasping, panting and cursing the lovely and fit Ms. Michaels. 

So when Julie and I decided to just concentrate on running, I was totally cool with that.  I put the DVD away and didn't think much more about it.  I fell in love with my treadmill.

Recently however, between frustation with my lack of progress in the dress size department and getting a little bored with the treadmill every single day, I began to reconsider.  A friend of mine posted every day in January as she worked through the Shreds.  Now Rene is incredibly fit anyway, but she had high praise for the workouts. 

Today I had an "early dismissal" from school after the district spelling bee, so I had plenty of time for the workout.  I dusted off the dvd, shut the bedroom door so my nosy dogs would leave me alone, and got down to business.  I've got 20 minutes to spare.

I decided to be brave and try out the Level 2 workout; after all, I have been running nearly every day.  Turns out I did pretty well.  Well enough to try it again tomorrow.  I had to stop less during this workout than my first few of Level 1 last year.  That must be progress.

Jillian informed me that she wanted me to feel like I was gonna die.  Mission accomplished.  But she doesn't scare me anymore.  Hah!

My arms will be killing me tomorrow; I can already feel it, but they need a lot of work.  I walked a mile and a quarter on the treadmill afterward.  Just a little extra calorie burn.  Pizza is on the menu tonight.  Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment