Monday, August 15, 2011

Got 30 minutes? I do!

This will be a short one...I just want to share one thing.

It's the first day of professional development for the new school year. It was a good, productive day, but I was exhausted at the end. I dragged myself home, completely zapped.

Brian came home just late enough that I convinced myself that I was too tired to go back to school for our family dinner. I felt guilty and we wouldn't be that late, but I was so tired.

I made a quick supper and settled in on the couch, but I was antsy. Perhaps it was missing the dinner, perhaps that Australia is within reach (only 16 days till we leave now), perhaps it was all the changes for the new school year looming. Perhaps a combination of all of that.

What I know is that even after a Blue Moon (or two), I decided that this Monday would not be my rest day from exercise after all. I changed into my running clothes and hit the treadmill.

I told myself that despite my recent 20 minute triumph (no stopping!) that tonight even 10 minutes without stopping would be great. After all, it's the end of the day and I had just eaten not long before and had a few adult beverages.

I turned my playlist on my iPod, specially chosen for this workout and away I went.

30 minutes later, I stopped running. That's right. Not only did I do more than 10 minutes that was my goal, I did more than the 20 the day before.

I cannot describe to you how flipping great it felt except to say that I felt invincible when I finished....sweating like a pig, scarlet faced, raccoon eyed from my sweat, but INVINCIBLE.

So, I jog on to my 5k goals. No more wagging for me, y'all. I am a runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment