Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Journey Down Under

Greetings from my hotel room in Parramatta, NSW Australia!

We are here celebrating Brian's remission in style! 

Last night my parents dropped us off at the airport after a frenzied last minute did-we-take-care-of-everything rush.  Dogs at the parents, neighbors will water and bring in the mail, passports....check!

We boarded our flight to Brisbane...let me just say that if you are looking to eat well and often on a plane, Qantas is the way to go!  Dinner, snacks, and breakfast on that flight and on the short jaunt from Brisbane to Sydney, another breakfast!  Yum! So, I'm well fed thus far.

The seats were not spacious but the in flight entertainment was nice...lots of choices.  I watched The Wizard of Oz, Brian watched Dirty Harry.  I tried watching Bridesmaids but couldn't get into it. 

All that almost made up for the obnoxious woman in front of me.  And yes, my darling bestie, Elizabeth, if you are reading this, I did get up and walk around periodically.  Fortunately I had quite a walk to the ladies' room.  My knees were killing me and my ankles are swollen, so despite feeling my age for 15 hours, I am unscathed. 

We were picked up in Sydney after a short stop at customs by Brian's Aussie police friends.  They brought the work ride, so we were taken to our hotel in style...light bar and all.  Well, they had other places to be and there is some traffic in this city, y'all!!

Our hotel is lovely and the room is fantastic.  Already had my shower and trying to stay awake as I am 16 hours behind.  Ugh!  It's not quite lunch time here. 

Tonight is our first big dinner with friends.  Looking forward to it.  Talk to y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment