Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Liquid Diet

So, tomorrow is D-Day.  So, today I'm on a liquid diet.  Yay! (please note sarcasm.)

It's not 10 past 8 am and I already miss food.  Silly, I know, but I think it's the knowing I CAN'T have any.  ALL day. I'm reminded of a character in one of the novels I read with my students.  In The Lightning Thief, Grover, the satyr, always moans/calls out "Fooood!" when he's been traumatized. 

 I plan to be pretty scarce when Brian is eating.  He won't mean to taunt me, I know.  Well, I wouldn't blame him if he teased me a little.  And all I can say is, I'm glad I won't see my brother today.  He would probably take great delight in eating in front me.  'Cause I love him, but he's got a little mean streak like that.  Hee hee.

Of course he is the one who kindly reminded me that I should be skinnier after this little experience today! 

I can drink just about anything I want.  In fact, I'm enjoying a cup of chicory coffee with a little sugar right now.  Mighty tasty.  But it would be ever so much more tasty with a bagel and a schmear.

Now, I won't bore you with the details yet to come, but my day will get more...uh, interesting later on...heaven help me.

So, we have two possible outcomes for tomorrow.  An NSAID ulcer or Celiac disease.  Neither particularly fun, but the ulcer is easier to fix.  Celiac disease would mean a complete and total life change.  Gluten free.  Yikes. 

I'm just anxious to have energy and be AWAKE again for significant periods of time.  The smallest things exhaust me.  It's getting pretty pititful, really.  I may need a nap after this.  (Well, that may be a slight exaggeration, but not much.)

So, it's going to be a loooong day, I have a feeling.  I'm really looking forward to the answers tomorrow will provide, no matter how unpleasant it is to get there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment