Friday, July 29, 2011

THE AIR IS OUT!

So after a very long day yesterday (my grandfather's memorial), Brian and I were trying to relax.  I looked at him about 8 pm and said, "It's hot in here!"  He reminded me that he has turned up the air to 77 during the day in an attempt to give the air unit a rest.  Oh yeah.  So, I continued to work on the latest blog. 

But the house seemed to get warmer.  Now granted, I was wearing rolled up jeans and a black shirt and it had been a stressful day, but it seemed a little toasty. 

Brian went to turn the thermostat down and realized it was 80 degrees in the house...and we aren't that frugal.  Dang it.  He checked all the vents.  Nothing seemed to be coming out of them.  Double dang it.

I called the Home Warranty and talked to a very nice man in Illinois who lives without air conditioning every day.  (?!?!!??)  Brian went to see about getting a new air filter, but Lowe's was closed.  (That trick usually bought us some time at the little house.)

I fought Brian's suggestion of going to his parents' house to sleep with our two dogs and even the cat.  I spent the night before at my grandparents' house and didn't sleep well.  I wanted to sleep in my own bed so much.  I couldn't bear to think of sleeping in yet another bed, not my own.

Brian and I verbally duked it out; adding a little more hot air to the situation.  Finally I realized that it was silly to sleep in the heat.  At almost 11 pm, we loaded everyone up and went to my in laws' house.  (They are currently in Lake Tahoe for the season.) 

We did sleep in more comfort and despite my worst fears, the cat didn't disappear under a sofa or a bed, never to be seen again despite Badger's best efforts to play with/torment her.  Now, in our haste to leave our home oven, we didn't take anything for the pets.  We had already fed them and we could get water where we were going. I suggested bringing litter, but we made it out without it. 

Azalea meowed most of the night and was back at it this morning, but as I said I was so pleased that she stayed close to us, that's all I was focused on. 

Brian brought Bear, Azalea and me back to our house this morning.  Within blocks of the house, Azalea could bear it no longer...and she peed all over me.  I couldn't believe it. 

No air, can't sleep in my bed and now my cat pees on me.  And y'all, she REALLY had to go.  Sigh.  She was really glad to see her litter box for the rest of her business...and so was I!

I'm still waiting for the air company to call and tell me when I shall be rescued from the triple digit heat though so far, it's not too bad here in the house.

  Tonight Brian and I were supposed to have our anniversary dinner at the winery where we got married.  I hope we make it, but I have a feeling that isn't going to happen either.

Dang it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment