Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday Night at the Raynsfords'

Well, don't be jealous.  My date night was pretty racy. 

It started at Johnny Carino's Eye-talian Restaurant.  And because of the day I had with middle school boys and their middle school minds and mouths, I had two glasses of Riesling.  And the lobster ravioli. 

I have to admit, I didn't even want to go down the street to Carino's.  I had already been to my nail appointment this afternoon, so I was ready to curl up in my lounge clothes and be a sloth until tomorrow morning when I wog my heart out at the Jiggle Butt 5k with my friend Julie.  Happy New Year!

But Brian offered to take me out and he wanted to do at least 3 other errands along the way.  And his reasoning was sound.  If we get them out of the way tonight, we don't have to battle everyone else in the free world on Saturday and Sunday.  Very well then.  Errand date night it is. 

Sigh.

After Carino's we went to the Home Depot where it was happenin'.  We needed a light bulb for the bedroom and some faucet covers for the cold weather coming.  So practical, so grown up.  So buttoned up. 
We got the last two faucet covers they had.  Haha. 

After rocking The Home Depot, we hit The Kroger.  Now, here I actually had some fun, and I loathe grocery shopping.  But we usually go to Target because you can get so many things in one place thereby eliminating the need to go to two or three stores.  (The same idea behind Wal-Mart, except I don't have to go to Wal-Mart. Yeah, I'm a snob.) 

I had forgotten how many choices you have at the grocery!  Almost immediately we discovered swordfish steaks!  Swordfish!!  Guess what we'll be eating later this week?  We walked up and down each aisle, not only because we were unfamiliar with this store and hadn't made a list, but because I was fascinated by all the items they had. 

They had falafal mix and beignet mix.  There had to have been 100 kinds of hot teas.  The only aisle I was curious about that I didn't get to was the wine aisle.  We were winding down our trip and I figured I could save that aisle for another time.  I want to be able to savor it. 

We ended up spending more money than we would have at Target, but it was relatively easy to explain though we both agreed we really love Target.  We also believe that we will be back to the grocery story again soon.  Fortunately we can have fun together anywhere we are, so this date night was as good for me as a night out at the movies or an expensive restaurant. 

And Brian probably had to spend more money on me anyway.  Now it's time to hope Texas A&M wins the Cotton Bowl.  Gig 'em. 

No comments:

Post a Comment