Monday, January 17, 2011

The Verdicts...

Well, after MUCH waiting and waiting and....waiting....

It seems in a way such a waste of a reasonably pretty day off.  Two doctors' appointments.  But they were necessary, I suppose.  I don't like going to the doctor.  That would require admitting I need help, now wouldn't it?

But after a very long, half-naked wait (he wanted to do an exam--which is cool, but he visited with another chick who had 1/2 hour's worth of fertility questions while I sat there under my paper cape--not cool) at the gynecologist's office, we found out that I may not be as old or broken as I keep trying to convince myself I am.  And while we wait to get the all clear from the oncologist, I get to go back on the pill.  Excellent news, really.  I've missed it. 

So, the first visit was a success. I so appreciate the doctor's complete...I wouldn't even call it optimism.  It's more like "Why not?"  Or something...I'm not sure how to explain it...but I like it. 

So, the second visit was about my possible asthma.  The doc said it seemed reasonable to assume it might be a touch of asthma brought on by exercise and if I wanted to keep on with the running, an inhaler would be the first stop.  We tried a breathing test, but it didn't reveal anything.  Would have been pretty entertaining for you to see though.  He plugged my nose and made me blow into a machine a bunch of times.  I got a little light-headed.  So tomorrow I will get to try my first exercise with an inhaler.  Hopefully, it will be a whole new experience for me.  If not, next stop is the pulmnologist. 

I appreciate Brian sitting through the appointments with me.  It wasn't the most exciting of days.  But I'm glad he was there to hear all of this with me.  Thanks, baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment