Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Big Game?

You know, the biggest NFL game of the season is tomorrow and it's taking place just down the road from my house.  The metroplex has been preparing for it almost since Cowboys Stadium was built.  Brian has been working every day since last Thursday.  And though the extra money will be quite nice, I just can't get myself to give a rip.


The weather might have something to do with my ambivalence.  Everyone trapped in their homes since Monday night.  Very funny, Mother Nature.  I saw in one Facebook post that it's Tom Landry's little gift to Jerry Jones.  Amusing thought, though no matter how much he might deserve to serve the jab, I don't think Mr. Landry would.  Too classy.

I don't fancy either football team playing though I dig the Pittsburgh coach.  Tomlin is very cool.  Young, professional, and setting a good example for other young guys would have the leadership skills to handle such a high pressure position.  The minute I knew that A) Peyton and the Colts would not be in Ft. Worth for the week for me to try to kidnap and B) Brady and the Patriots would not be in town for me to work on with my voodoo doll (kidding!! kidding!! I don't really have a Brady voodoo doll, but I do really have a serious dislike for him), I lost all interest. 

And while on the one hand I have had enough of the solo pre-Spring Break, I'm kind of craving just one more me-day.  Brian has to work tomorrow.  I could spend the day shopping a bit and then just vegging out  before I return to work and real life. 

So, since I can catch up on the commercials on youtube later and I don't care about the Black Eyed Peas half time show (Fergie always wears the weirdest clothes---but she does have fabulous legs...), I may just skip the game this year.  Funny how it feels like I am deciding to skip Christmas this year or something...haha. 

Besides, the football that I really love has already triumphed this year.  Perhaps while I'm out I'll buy some roses to remind myself of that glorious day...

No comments:

Post a Comment