Friday, February 4, 2011

Stir Crazy

I'm standing on the bathtub trying to get her!


Darn it Badger woke me up before 7 again this morning.  The snow was too good for him to resist.  And once his feet were wet, he couldn't resist putting them all over my side over the bed before I could get back in there; he's too quick.  And while I was annoyed at being awakened so early, the snow was awfully beautiful.  I took the boys out to play a little while later.  As you can see, they fully enjoyed it.  They stuck their noses in it and rooted around.  They found their buried frisbees and wanted me to throw them.  They wrestled each other over and over down into the snowy piles they created.  Not usually my cup of tea...my idea of fun is throwing their frisbee in my parents' pool while I drink a cold one in the shade and/or on a floatie in said pool. 

Once Brian was finally awake, we ventured out into the icy streets; Bear-dog needed food.  Yes!  Sprung from house arrest after four days..even if only for an hour.  I haven't washed my hair in several days, but a hat and pig tails would hide that.  I was really glad Brian was driving.  The driving was slow and slippery. 

When we got home, Brian had to get ready for work.  He walked back into the den, only half ready.  "You need to see your cat," he said.  Uh, okay.  I got up and followed him back to our bathroom.  He pointed up. 

Azalea has always loved to climb.  She climbed the curtains in the little house and would stand on the top of the curtain rod, meowing at the top of her lungs.  Now Brian described how she climbed from the shower to the top of the closet and was now walking around the top of the closet and bathroom.  (See the shot at the top of this entry.)

It took awhile to coax her down. I think she enjoys the attention.  Everyone is sleeping peacefully now.  Brian has gone out to serve and protect, having receieved a phone call on the way out the door that someone was downtown trying to sell tickets to the big game on Sunday.  Gee, you think they are real?  At least someone will be busy tonight.  As for the rest of the Raynsfords...we'll pick up the house and do mommy's pedicure.  Maybe even wash her hair...Look out---it's Friday night again!

No comments:

Post a Comment