Thursday, February 3, 2011

Destination....Anywhere But Here!!

I don't mean to whine, truly I don't...but I'm not good with down time.  I would much rather be at school with my kids.  I know.  Weird, right?  What's wrong with me? 

And are the bathrooms clean yet?  Uh negative Ghost Rider, but they really will be before the day is out.  Even I am not that lazy.  Well, they really would already be done but you see, when Darnit Badger woke me up this morning I found the Destination Truth marathon on the SciFi channel.  And I have a little crush on Josh Gates.  And after my confession on Facebook this morning, evidently, I am not alone.  Hee hee. 

I loved it earlier this year when Brian came to school and the kids tried to rat me out.  "Mrs. Raynsford has a crush on that guy from Destination Truth! Did you know?  Did you?  Did you?"  Brian just laughed and laughed.  "Uh, yeah.  She's already confessed," he told them.  They seemed a little disappointed that their tattling had no sting. 

I've always loved seeing the exotic places they go to "find the truth" on this show, but after 3 days being trapped in this house, today it's even more intriguing--even though I've seen all the shows. And sometimes they find some pretty weird, unexplained stuff.  

And now I see that they are inviting a fan to join them on St. Patty's Day in Ireland to look for banshees!  Too bad my passport won't be ready by then.  I would totally do that!!  Of course, Brian would have to reschedule his dr appt and it is my nephew's birthday, but hey---it could be all about me, right?  Just for a day or two?  So I could look for banshees in Ireland with Josh Gates? 

Yeah, I know.  I'm laughing with you.  But it took me away from all the ice and boredom for a minute or two...

No comments:

Post a Comment