Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

Well--

Been trapped in the house now since Monday night.  Not looking good for tomorrow.  School districts around us are beginning to make decisions about the morning.  The temperature hasn't been above 24 degrees (!!!!!!) since Monday, and the ice that fell and settled in so comfortably on everything in sight, hasn't melted properly.  (By the way, did you enjoy the thunder-sleet?  I did!  I found the combo fascinating and a little bit scary!)

I have this feeling we won't be going anywhere tomorrow.  But...honestly, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if we went back to school.  Please excuse me as I give you my best middle schooler impersonation....I'M BOORRRREEEDDDD!!!!!
The big game is in town this week...you know that final professional football game of the season that you can't actually put in writing because it's trademarked?  Brian is working long hours in the cold with the fire marshal looking for overcrowded places, gypsy cabs and fake merchandise.  I suppose it's still possible--especially as the game draws nearer.  But as I sit here under a blanket, not having bothered to shower since Monday (What?  Most of you haven't either if you haven't been to work.  Don't judge.  I took a bubble bath last night.)  I find it hard to believe that any place would be overcrowded.  Who would want to be out in this?  Especially since I don't care for either team in the "big game." 

I should be cleaning the bathrooms.  I really need to scrub the tubs especially.  I have been putting it off and finding reasons not to clean for awhile now.  The rest of the house is acceptable.  Could it be dusted?  Um, probably, but would I freak out if you came over right now?  No.  That's the beauty of a big house with too little furniture.  Some day, when we finally fill it up, I'll have to work harder, but for now it's pretty great.  There are only so many rooms we can mess up.  But two days off in the middle of the week and no way to leave the house seems like a sign to get my rear in gear. 

So, here I am talking to you...instead of cleaning those tubs.  Heehee.  And it's possible that I'll be sitting here one more day.  And it's possible that I might finally get around to make those tubs sparkle.  The dogs sure aren't going to do it.  The cat will be there to supervise though, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment