Thursday, October 21, 2010

Be Careful What You Wish For

Remember how I said we needed a second bathroom?  And the only solution to that was to buy a bigger house?  Well....

I guess God has a really good sense of humor because he figures we can handle just a wee bit more on our rather full platter. Early last week, Brooke, the best realtor and friend we could hope for, came to me with a giggle.  Long story short, the house we wanted to buy before Cancer started driving this bus, is still available and the owners really want make a deal. 

With a great deal of apprehension, we had Brooke prepare the contract and quickly came to an agreement with the owners.  Holy rusted metal, Batman.  After almost one year of house hunting, we are almost there.  We close on November 19, provided that inspection and appraisal all work out.  Stay tuned. 

This house is pretty great.  Twice the size of the one in which we currently reside, for one.  Although Brian informs me with a big grin that 2200 sq feet won't really do me any good because the two dogs will still be right under my two feet.  I'm sure he's right, but the thought of that many feet to spread out in if I want to sounds pretty darn luxurious to me. 

The house is close to all the shopping we do and close to our parents.  It's not far from work and not unreasonably far from all of our friends. 

It has 4 bedrooms, and yes, that all important second bathroom that started all of this.  Best of all is the backyard.  The extended covered patio looks out on to a creek and a greenbelt.  We can take the dogs down across the creek and set them out for a run across the greenbelt until they don't have the energy to follow me around me the house. 

So now, we have to actually sort through all of our stuff.  I need to call about insurance.  And the list grows.

 We need to find someone to lease the sweet little house I bought five years ago.  Two bedroom, original hardwood floors, nice closets, but there is only that one little bathroom....

No comments:

Post a Comment