Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Wanted: Bathroom

We need another bathroom for this house.  The whole house is less than 1000 sq feet.  It's tiny, y'all.  This is normally not an HUGE issue (except when Dammit Badger is on a tear, but that is for another column.)

Lately it seems that whenever I want/need in the bathroom, it is already occupado. 

An excellent example would be this morning...

Brian's chemo has certain side effects that make him uncomfortable and present him with...uh, challenges that he has never dealt with (constipation).  Now, ladies, you are probably thinking, "Oh poor fella!  Never had that problem, huh?  That is a bummer." 

Y'all, he's fine...just a little cranky and getting to know the wonders of Miralax.  But he was up and down all night last night in his impatience to GO.  I can understand....but this situation is more a part of my daily existence.  So, I have a little less sympathy on this one. 

At 5:00 am (30 minutes before my alarm) I couldn't take it anymore, so I got up and started to my make lunch, prepare the crockpot, etc.  In between his laps to the toilette, I managed to jump in the shower and actually got my make up on.  But, I missed getting my hair straightened because I made the mistake of getting dressed before finishing my hair.  Dang it. 

I left for work a little peeved because I didn't even get to finish my morning ablutions.  I get up at 5:20 every morning partly so I can have plenty of time to myself in our one tiny, tiny bathroom.  I promise I was blaming it on the fact that we only have tiny bathroom and not that Brian isn't feeling his shiny best. 

Please don't misunderstand.  I don't want him to be uncomfortable at any time, and I have been told by girl friends who have lived this that this particular side effect is not pleasant.  I promise I am doing all I can to ease his discomfort.  It's the only way I'm going to get my bathroom back.

So, I am currently once again plotting to in order to somehow get a second bathroom.  There is no socially acceptable way to solve this problem except to purchase a larger house.  Something needs to work itself out relatively soon.  The constipation problem I can deal with.  I know how to help him with that.  The lack of the bathroom and general lack of space is starting wear on me and making me a little crazier than necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment