Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Accentuate the Positive

Well, I'd really like to make this a gritch session.  I REALLY would.  But you know something?  It wouldn't help anything.  It wouldn't help us close on the house one second faster.  It wouldn't help me get well one minute faster. 

So, I'm giving as much of this frustration as I can to the universe.  I pushed myself so hard that I made myself sick.  Got me two extra days of "vacation."  Whoo hoo.  I've been so bored, I can hardly stand it.  Though I must say that I really do finally feel rested.  Can't remember the last time I exercised, but I am actually rested.  Ah, the miracle of antibiotics. 

My 5k is Dec. 4th.  I'm not sure how I will handle it.  I need to wog so much and yet the thought of it makes me tired.  I got an email from my coach, Kim asking me to meet with her this weekend to run for just a little while.  I think I will...though heaven help me. 

The now delayed closing of the house should be giving me a migraine, and while I am pretty upset about it, thankfully I've been able to keep three things in mind.  1.  Our financial guy, Phil, a high school friend of Brian's and Brooke, the best realtor ever, have done everything possible to make this happen smoothly 2.  the people who control the closing on this house now are faceless and nameless (to us) and therefore kind of hard to stay upset with and 3. we will eventually get into the house--it just may not be when we want.

Plus, we have some other things to focus on.  Brian's PET Scan is today!  Today we get to see how well his chemo has been working all these months.  Now, we won't know the results of the scan until next week, but I just know it will be great.  Pretty exciting stuff! 

And Thanksgiving is this week.  We have 26 coming to my parents' house.  Good thing I have plans to work out with Kim this weekend.  The eating is always good at our house.  It will be really good to see everyone.  Some of the fam I haven't seen all summer.  How time flies. 

So you see, I could gritch, but we have too many things to be positive about even in the midst of all the chaos.  I love the power of positive thinking...and the gift of amazing people in our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment