Monday, November 15, 2010

Derailed

I feel like I'm off the tracks....I've missed 3 potential workouts...including an official run practice on Saturday.  And I'm at the point where I could just stop because it's easier.  I could tell myself, "It's ok if you don't wog this week.  You're moving this weekend, and you can catch up next week at the new house." 

But what if I don't start at the new house because I'm already out of those good habits?  It doesn't take me long to convince myself that at 5 am my bed is a much nicer placer to be.  Now, once I kick myself out of bed and get moving I can get it done...it's just the initial motivation needed. 

I hurt all over from packing.  I would probably feel better if I would get out and move those muscles and clear my mind.  I really do enjoy that time out there all to myself.  But I have to get tough with myself.  Even if it seems like I deserve a little slack, I can't give myself an inch...I will take miles and miles.  I love laziness. 

Not only do I have to get back on the tracks, I have to try to start running.  My coach, Kim, will be back next week at Luke's, and even if we are moving this weekend, I have to take that hour and go run with her.  That hour means a lot to me. 

As Scarlett O'Hara, one of my favorite characters from literature (a heroine and villainess at the same time) famously declared, "....tomorrow is another day."  I will be out there in the morning, wogging away, so help me.  I cannot be derailed. 

It's as if the wogging takes a detour, then one by one all the dominoes will fall.  I'm juggling so much at the moment.  I have to keep it all in the air.  If working out at 5 am every day is the lynch pin, you know where you can find me tomorrow and every day after. 

Plus, you should see what it's doing for my legs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment