Tuesday, December 28, 2010

All Right, All Right, I'm Going, I'm Going

I had planned on doing some kind of exercise today.  I really did.  As I picked up the house last night, I even picked out clothes and put them aside on the top of the dresser so they would be there as a little reminder. 

But when the alarm went off for Brian to get up this morning, my head was hurting again and the migraine that I recovered from yesterday was epic.  I had no big plans to bring it back today.  And my shin splints were acting up a little.  I figured maybe instead of wogging, I could do some pilates or (gulp) Jillian or even find some yoga to try on the FIT channel later on today. 

But Grandpa is in the hospital so I might have to go to Bridgeport and there is a lot to be done in the garage.  And I do have a few errands to run. 

Get the picture?  Excuse City today.  And I had a nice wog yesterday (except for the fact that dang Silent Nigel didn't record and I had to guess about how far I went.  Annoyed!). 

But as I sat here this morning about 7:45 with my coffee and fired up the computer, my dog Bear, who I occasionally take wogging with me and did the Jingle Bell Run with me, sat at my feet.  He kept looking at me as if to say, "Aren't you forgetting something?  Shouldn't you be getting dressed, Mom?"

I sighed heavily.  "Yes, Bear.  Too right."  I dragged myself off the couch and put on the clothes I set aside last night for the workout I promised I would do.  I bumped into Brian who was getting ready for work.  He grinned at me.  "Going for your wog after all?" he asked.  "Yes," I sighed.  "Bear guilted me into it."  "Good dog!"  Brian praised him and off I went.

It's a gray day out there today, but immediately I got a grin.  My neighbor, Christina's dog, Bullet snuck out as she was trying to leave for work and decided he would like to come with me instead.  I practically had to walk him to his front door to get him to stay with she and her dad before I could wog on.  Ha.  :)

As it was a little later in the morning than I am usually out there, the neighborhood was awake.  It's garbage day, so one by one, the neighbors come to the curb to deposit their bags.  The charm of this neighborhood for me isn't so much the homes (though they are beautiful) but the friendliness of the people.  I have no doubt that had I met more of the people in my old neighborhood they would have been delightful, but I like having the contrast since I didn't. 

Brian just called and told me that I have to go wait on the plumber at the little house tomorrow to fix the leaky toilet, so I guess unless I wog much later in the morning, it's not going to happen.  It's a good thing I listened to my Bear dog today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment