Saturday, December 4, 2010

Jingle All the Way

Well, I did it.  Took me 50 minutes.  But I wogged my way through the Jingle Bell Run tonight.  My coach, Tracy and Bear did it with me.  My friend, Julie, is getting so good at the running that she was 15 minutes ahead of us.  (Show off.)  (Just kidding, Julie!  So proud of you!) 

I was pretty cranky at first.  I won't lie.  I didn't know how to feel about any of it.  I hadn't exercised since Thanksgiving morning.  I know some people give me credit in the exercise department for moving, but I don't, really.  I knew that running would not really be an option because I was so out of practice.  I did try.  I just didn't get much running done.  Sigh.  Well, I suppose the important thing is that I got out there in the first place and I finished it.  I'll try not to be so hard on myself since I've had so much going on. 

Bear would have loved to have run more.  I guess he can go out with me here in the new neighborhood when I start on Monday.  He had a fantastic time.  I was a little worried about him; the other dogs worried me.  Some dogs are just not friendly!  That's not cool because my sweet dog loves everyone! 

Bear did find himself a girlfriend.   A pretty little King Charles Cavalier Spaniel.  She was a beauty; I'll give Bear credit--he knows quality when he sees it. 

Ultimately, I had a really good time and I feel like I did well.  I don't know if I'll take Bear again; I was stressed out with watching out for him around all the other dogs...especially that mean Doberman girl.  Grrr.

I'm proud that I followed through with this even if I didn't run it.  It was important.  Part of my fight...against my stress, against all of it.  And hey, I got to walk right past the stretcher and defibrilator at the finish line...didn't even need it. 

I'm looking forward to the Jiggle Butt in January...and I'm considering doing the Run for the Roses later this month.  I don't know if I'll make 5ks a habit, but I do intend to get back into the habit of wogging.  I have missed it.  And the competitive side of me won't accept 50 minutes as my "best" time. 

So, look out world.  Here I come.  Jingling all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment