Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Go Ahead, Badger...Take It...She'll Never Know...


DammitBadger


Azalea













So, I solved the Christmas Tree Mystery awhile back.  It seems that my friend Cyndi was correct. Or at least partly.  Azalea must not loathe Badger as much as it seems.  Or she loathes him so much it gives her the most pleasure to see him get into trouble so she just helps him as often as possible. 

The feathered ornaments have stayed on the tree because I have finally moved them up high enough, away from everyone's reach, no matter which theory you subscribe to. 

One day I walked into the living room because I heard strange chomping noises.  Sweet Bear, the smart one, was with me.  I knew he was innocent.  There was Badger in the middle of the floor in front of my beautifully illuminated Christmas tree eating one of my plastic apples.  Azalea was sitting calmly under the tree on the tree skirt, practically grinning like the Chesire cat. 

We've been without incident for a week or so.  They have played together pretty peacefully.  No more ornaments have disappeared from the tree. 

Last night after I went to bed, I was reading my book and Bear was sleeping beside the bed.  Brian was at the other end of the house in the den watching tv.  I heard a strange sound...crunching again sort of.  It could have been Brian, but I know that in this big ol' house, I can't hear him when he's in the den. 

So, I finally got up to take a look.  I found the cat sitting calmly watching from the side of the room as Badger ate my sunglasses.  Now, my sunglasses were on the table in the living room.  So he had to have taken them from the table.  He did not find them on the floor and think, "These would be a tasty treat!"

The cat must be pulling the strings.  She is enjoying watching him get in trouble just like human siblings.  I imagine the conversation went something like this...

Azalea:  Hey Frisbee Breath.
Badger:  Huh?  Who me?  Huh?  What?  Who me?  Huh?  What?
Azalea:  Focus, Bone Breath.  I know where you can get something good to chew on.  Interested?
Badger:  Serious?  Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah
Azalea:  Shhhhhh....Gah--you have to be quiet.  It's a secret.  You don't want Mom to hear you, do you? 
Badger:  I don't know, Cat.  You got me in trouble last time...
Azalea:  I'm trying to make up for it.  You don't want to let me make up for it?  It's a really good chew toy.  Nice and crunchy.
Badger: Well, ok.  Where is it? 
Azalea:  Over here. On the table.  See right there by Mom's purse.
Badger:  Oh, yeah!  That looks nice!  Very crunchy looking.  Thanks, Azalea. 
Azalea:  Don't mention it.  No.  Really.  Don't mention it. 

It's difficult to stay mad at DammitBadger.  He's so cute and he's always so sorry at the time.  Plus I have complete faith that Azalea will be waiting patiently, plotting her next evil scheme...just like a good little sister does. 

No comments:

Post a Comment