Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Day After

So far, Brian is just the same. He hasn't felt ill and he's eating well. He wanted to go out and do errands and couldn't wait for the TCU game tonight. (62-7, sorry about that, Tennessee Tech.)

I am in awe--as usual. I am the one who feels like she was hit by a linebacker. Every part of me hurts--especially my lower back. I'm told that's my stress hangover. I slept like the dead last night. It was fabulous.

Tomorrow we are having some family pictures made with the pups. We are told that we only have about 10 days before Brian loses his hair. Although I swear since thus far he has refused to give in to anything else, I don't know why that should happen either. It's like he's willing himself to be as well as possible. What a Superman.

We have resigned ourselves to the hair loss, of course. I still have to help him wash it because of the port. (He can't get it wet yet.) He smiles grimly and reminds me that I won't have to help him with his hair for long. It's all part of the journey. He'll get it back.

I just have to say something here about our go-to person for all of our information. We have our very own cancer warrior, Amy. She has been on this lymphoma journey already and her wisdom has made a frightning experience much more bearable. Kathy has been a wonderful source as well. I want to take a minute and thank these wonderful survivors for teaching me so much already. Mostly that we are definitely going to come out on the other side of all of this. We have felt like hands have held ours through each step...God holding our hands through these wonderful women and their experiences they so willingly share with me.

Thank you, Amy and Kathy. I hope Brian and I don't have to pay it forward, but we will be glad to and will do so confidently with such excellent teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment