Thursday, September 16, 2010

Simple Gifts

As a teacher, sometimes I envy people with year round jobs. The summer off sounds nice, and it is....but, we have to return to our jobs after that cushy vacation. It takes so much energy to get back into the groove, I envy the people with jobs that keep them in the groove year round.

I am normally exhausted the first six weeks of a school year working the kinks out, but this year it's a whole new kind of wiped out.

My house is a terrible mess. The yard needs to be mowed. And when I get home, I look around at all of it, and I flump down into a chair and grab the remote to wait for Brian to get home.

So pity party aside, I write today about the angels in my life. The angels who realized that the simple gift of a meal at the end of a long day would be priceless. I just didn't realize, especially since Brian has taken all of this so well so far, that we would need things like that.

These simple, Southern suppers are so soothing and reassure me that I can get my rear end out of this chair and up to do what needs to be done.

And so tonight, after sheperd's pie and fruit salad, I will get up tomorrow and fight through another day with the strength from these simple gifts. Thank you, my angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment