Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Oncologist

With very little sleep the night before, we went together to the oncologist. We were so anxious to know what our journey would be, but were terrified just thinking about what would be involved in making my brave husband well. Everyone in the office was caring and gentle, not just with us but all the patients. All the patients were called by name as if they were old friends. I felt calmer.

The nurse praised the doctor highly and we waited patiently for him to enter the room, our lives. Matter of factly he told us that Brian was going to be just fine. He has lots of chemo in front of him, but he will be well again soon.

I resisted the urge to jump and squeeze the stuffing out of this man who just gave me my world back. Cancer had been holding it hostage; I got it back and I'm not letting go.

It's a lot to take in...chemo every three weeks for 4 months. It will be so hard for Brian, but we have a wonderful support system and lots of faith. And we have each other. What more could I ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment