Monday, September 13, 2010

Family Photos

Brian and I had pictures taken yesterday with the pups.

Our little family.

We met the photographer, a precious girl named Crystal I know through a friend, in Grapevine at Nash Farm. We had never been there; it's quite charming. There is a large, old green farmhouse, fields, and an old red barn on a city block in Grapevine.

We started with pictures with the boys. Bear can sit and pose all day long, and let's just say that Badger did his best. He was so excited to be out and about that he had a difficult time sitting still...see? Just like a little family.

It was so hot and humid! We had to work fast so that we didn't look like we had run a mile in our later pictures. When we had finished with the boys, we poured them some water and turned on the air in the truck. I have to admit, I kept looking over, just sure that Badger would have put it in drive in his enthusiasm. He managed to contain himself (or his brother managed to keep him in check--one of the two.)

At any rate, Crystal took some very sweet shots of the Brian and me. I felt like we were getting our engagment pictures done all over again. When Brian looked at me, I felt lost in that moment and that we had to be the only two people on Earth. I don't think I have ever been looked at with such love and devotion.

I'll be sure to post some of the pictures if I can. I'm sure they are wonderful. Just before we left, Crystal realized she had no close ups of Bear, so he and I showed her the one trick he does. My 55 pound border collie (yeah, yeah, I know--he has a thyroid problem, thank you very much) leapt into my arms and I held him. I love my dog.

I am so grateful for that family time yesterday. Thank you, Cyndi for introducing me to Crystal and thank you, Crystal for taking the time on your Sunday night to spend some time with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment